Anxiety is very common and no matter what other problems people have, they almost always benefit from becoming more calm. The QEEG assessment and Stress Assessment will help to pinpoint what is behind the anxiety in your brain and tension in your body and guide our approach with biofeedback and neurofeedback. These are some of the common findings:
- You may have a tendency to perceive danger too easily because of past exposure to a traumatic situation.
- You may have been pushing yourself too hard and your brain/body has temporarily forgotten how to relax.
- Your brain might be overwhelmed by stress, causing you to struggle to process information from your senses, so you lag behind at school, work or relationships.
- You might have physical issues such as aches and pains, fatigue, digestive issues and sleep issues as a result of habitual anxiety.
- You may have obsessive or compulsive anxious thoughts and behaviours about past events or future possibilities.
- You may be prone to be easily angered or frustrated.
At Brainwise, I encourage people to do mindfulness exercises of various kinds to help manage anxiety. We can also explore the sources of your anxiety and what life changes you might consider making.